Friday, December 26, 2014

Day 12: The last day

Dec. 26 I’m so sorry for writing so late. I spent Christmas Eve with Miles and I didn’t want to randomly interrupt the evening to break open my diary. I’ve sent presents back home to all my relatives in Barry (it’s in Ontario, remember?) but I still had a huge pile of wrapping today. On Christmas Eve though, all we did was spend some time together. We talked together and he made his mom’s eggnog cocoa to go with my grandmother’s shortbread. It was magical and I’m not doing it justice at all by describing it here but I don’t care. We wound up together on the couch watching an old Muppet Christmas special at almost ten. Petty came and sat on Miles right at the best part, but he was okay with it. I think he’s finally warming up to her. Now the biggest news so far: THEY CAUGHT THE STALKER!! He was trying to slip a set of tickets for a traditional Scottish Christmas concert under the door. It was on Christmas Eve, during the day when I was out visiting my grandmother. I don’t know how he knew so much about my schedule or about I but you know what? I don’t care. This Hell is over. I’ve gained some feathered friends, a beautiful tree and a new boyfriend out of the deal. I’m almost out of space in my diary now, but I’m sure I’ll buy another one someday. Who knows what other crazy stuff might happen? Hang on, Miles wants to fill in the last line. “There is no real ending. It’s just the place you stop the story.” -Frank Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment