Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day 8

Dec. 16
Where do I start? Should I talk about the heart wrenching sadness of knowing that even though I’ve only had her for two weeks, my apartment is now partridge free? It seems really silly now, I guess to be so sad about a partridge. Still, I don’t want to be so depressing. I need some cheer in my life right now, so let’s talk about Miles. Miles who actually wrote in my diary that he thinks I am beautiful. It is the sweetest thing anybody has ever done for me. Even in high school, I never got the greatest guys. Something about me just screamed PLEASE MAKE ME PAY FOR EVERYTHING AND GOD FORBID ANYBODY ACTUALLY LIKE ME! I don’t know why but there was always just this sense of not being worth anything, and those trashy guys just made it worse for me. I really regret what happened then, and I hope I get the chance to redeem myself. Miles make me feel as though I’m worth it.
                Old ladies at the door. My grandmother? Crud, she’s coming this way.
                Okay, I probably need to explain. That was my grandmother and her knitting circle at the door. She lives in a nearby residential facility, but she used to have her own home. I lived with her in university and we used to be really close. We got into a huge fight over the care home though, and she hadn’t spoken to me since she entered. She came over today though, to visit her favorite granddaughter (her only granddaughter) with all seven of the other women in her group. Eight old maids milking me for every bit of information about my life was a very pleasant afternoon, especially after Miles made his way into my apartment (he changed the locks for me, but still has a key). I am bushed, but the way he responded to ALL their questions was so nice! He sat down with us and had a cup of tea, speaking clearly and slowly so that everyone could hear.

                I miss Patty, Miles is spending the night again, but I’m going to bring him some more blankets. He was cold last night, and maybe we can have a cup of cocoa before bed. Horribly stereotypical? Maybe, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good idea. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment