Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 10

Dec. 20
Turns out, I have less priority in line than a drunk driver testifying in some tribunal so I finally got my diary back. The next guy on shift after the lady cop took it away as a breach of protocol. Right, the creepy stalker dude is totally reading this. OHMYGOSH what if he actually is?! I need to stop terrifying myself because I already have enough problems. I get out today! Geez that sounds like I’m in jail which I guess I sort of am. No headway on the case so far. No suspects at all. This is apparently very unusual but all I can say is that I want to go home! I’m supposed to keep my face covered though because the story got leaked and now there is literally a price on my head. The first reporter to get a headshot of me gets 250 dollars cash. Time to go now, in a scarf and ugly coat that I hate. If they don’t know what I look like how will they know the photo is genuine?
Wow, that was more than I expected. Apparently this city is full of amateur reporters. Sigh. Just killing time now, waiting until Miles clears the police checkpoints outside my door. Looking out the window always helps to clear my head. It’s so bright this time of year, everything clear and perfect. The skyline’s dotted with Christmas lights and strange clusters of men in traditional costumes- wait, what?
That was the strangest spectacle I have ever seen. Ten men in traditional English costumes did an illegal BASE jump from the building next door. Now that’s ten lords a leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a milking, seven swans a swimming, six geese a laying, five golden rings, four  calling birds, three French hens two turtle doves and partridge in a  pear tree. Also, excellent news! I came back to the apartment to find a box waiting on the door step. After careful scanning and far too much drama they discovered Patty inside the box! She hadn’t been there long so the police went searching but she’s home now! The police think that according to the evidence my love is a man, tall with graying hair. I doubt that more than a little.

Last entry today. Miles came in as I finished the last sentence, so I had to stop writing but I figured I owed you an update. The first thing is that he brought the doves with him and Noelle’s laid her first clutch of eggs! I’m excited to see what they look like but I’m giving her some space. She’s still getting used to being back  with me. Miles had a lot to say about it actually.  Before we could talk seriously his visit was up. Damn this stalker. I want to be free again, free to spend time with whoever whenever not stuck here.

No comments:

Post a Comment