Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 4

Dec. 8
                This just gets weirder and weirder. I’ve been researching more about what connection these gifts have to each other, and according to my search all of the things I’ve gotten so far are completely unrelated. Three French hens (as my neighbour calls them) two turtle doves and partridge in a pear tree. None of the guys I know would even dream of doing something like this, let alone being able to pay for it. The doves (who are starting to love me, by the way) are such an odd gift; I’m not sure who would think of it. Oh, speaking of doves I have great news. My doves are now named Gentleman and Noelle, in honor of the holidays. I love them so much now that they’ve stopped attacking me every time I come within 10 feet. I’ll be back later today probably, but the phone’s ringing and the birds are starting to get upset.
                Hi, sorry about the tea stain. I had a cup of tea, and Patty got curious, but I figured partridges probably shouldn’t have caffeine. She didn’t like that much. Anyways, you won’t believe who was on the phone. It was this random bird sanctuary. They played the calls of four different indigenous Canadian birds as a thank you for adopting. Four calling birds? Really? Hang on, who’s buzzing?? Geez, I can’t sit down and write for three minutes before something happens.
                
Hello in case you forget this is your neighbour who isn’t French and crazy, Miles. I’m really sorry about writing in your diary, but Patty was sitting on top of the printer paper and I’m kind of scared to go near her. Anyways, if you’re going to be keeping doves, you’ll probably want a bigger aviary. They need to have plenty of space to stretch their wings, and they eat mostly seeds.  If you want them to, um, breed they will need plenty of private, secluded spaces. Also, you should add a nesting box or two, because doves are really terrible nest builders. It was really nice to meet you. I’d never have guessed somebody so nice lives next door and thank you again for letting me watch The Polar Express with you until the superintendent came and unlocked my door. I had a lot of fun, but I really wish that Patty was a bit less territorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment