Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 7

Dec. 14
                Okay, very excited for today! Still early, but I figured I’d write something quick because I feel like it’s been a while since I wrote and I owe you an update. I’ve got the day off while they “revaluate their situation” which basically means I’m getting fired, but I really don’t care. A few nights ago, last time I wrote I said I was going to go get a cup of tea, right? Well for once, that’s actually all that happened. You know how there are always those rom-coms that have somebody up and vulnerable in the middle of the night and they have a beautiful discussion about life and each other? Unless you count his snoring and my absentminded humming, the only person I talked to was Patty. Hey, she totally counts. Anyways, I just feel really happy today, not sure why. Miles isn’t even here today, he has to work. He’s training to be a nurse of some sort, geriatric maybe? I’ve been spending more time with him lately, but not a creepy amount. He’s really nice. Bye now, need to get a laundry machine before they all fill up. J
I don’t even know where to start my day is just so messed up now. My life went from being happy, with laundry soap and Christmas carols to the police and tears and okay I just need to breathe.
                Wow, this is the most awkward moment. I’ve now written not once but twice in my neighbour’s diary. You wanted me to write out what happened, and I’ll do my best.
                The young woman, living on her own for the first time walked up the stairs, a laundry basket in her arms. She is tall, wearing loose, faded jeans and a green shirt with a Christmas tree on the front. She stops at the apartment labelled 1243 and shifts the basket to her hip to unlock the door. There is no need to, as it swings open at the lightest touch. She steps inside cautiously, watching her feet to avoid stepping on one of her many birds. She doesn’t see them. She almost misses the package sitting on the front table, seeing it at the last possible moment. She stifles a scream, especially at seeing the bright tag on the top. She knows what it says and does not approach. She calls the police first, and her caring, very attractive-ow! Why’d you hit me? Sorry, geez. Anyways, she calls her neighbour.

                Inside the box is a beautiful set of crystal swans, inlaid into a deep sapphire pond. They have miniscule golden gears, and are clearly very expensive. It is kept as evidence. The note is clearly foreboding, warning her that she will love him and that her partridge will be kept by him until she does. Finally, all the police leave the home. There is nothing else they can do, though they promise to keep the file open and investigate more. The girl, left alone with her neighbour in the empty apartment leans against him, and very gently begins to cry against him. She hates to do it, has always felt that somebody truly brave shouldn’t cry. She is the bravest woman I have ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment