Dec. 18
My life
is over. I am finished and alone. I don’t know where I am anymore, because it
wouldn’t be safe. The police think that I need protection now, because he knows
so much about me. I don’t know who he is and all my family is so far away and I
just feel so alone. I’m in a tiny room now. The door isn’t locked, but there’s
nowhere I can go. The TV’s broken, stuck on the Korean network and the books
are all covered in crayon. Guess all I can do is keep waiting and write in this
book. It’s the only thing they let me bring so I may as well put it to good
use. What to write though? I can’t write more about where I am, it “wouldn’t be
safe” so I guess I’ll just write. Nothing to write, ho hum just sitting in jail
waiting for my life to go back to normal. Who am I kidding though? I’ve never
been normal. I was always the odd one out, and I’m stuck now. Supposed to get a
gift today according to the pattern. Wonder how he’s going to get it through
the police barricade? BORED.
Okay,
took a walk around the room. I’m still
upset, but I’m going to take the advice of the cat poster and just chill out.
Think happy thoughts and all that. What can I think about that’s happy? Patty’s
still missing and Noelle and Gentleman (my doves, remember them?) have gotten
colder towards me. They’re staying with Miles and I’m afraid that by the time I’m
out of here they’ll- Hang on, door opening.
You won’t
believe what happened after the door opened. It was the lady cop (she’s super
nice- always asking me if I’m comfortable, if there’s anything she can do. She
even let me borrow her own personal book to read). Anyways, she led me out
towards the reception area and Miles was waiting for me! We took a walk in the
park together and just being out of that room and with him was beyond anything.
There was a ballet demonstration set up, nine beautiful dancers performing scenes
from my favorite ballet, The Nutcracker. It had an anonymous sponsor and our
police escort looked suspicious but we didn’t have to go back to that awful
place. We just walked the winding paths aimlessly talking about Christmases
back home. Both of us are away from our families this year so we might even be
spending Christmas morning together. Just open up little gifts and eat junky
cereal. Even that wasn’t the best part though. As we walked by the pond he
leaned towards me and he just took my hand in his. My cool hand surrounded by
his warm one was a magical feeling. What do you say to something like that? So
we walked together, hand in hand. My life right now is terrible, and the cot I’m
lying on his harder than the floor but there’s always a little brightness in
the darkness.
No comments:
Post a Comment